Friday, June 06, 2014

The 6th of June

Today across Europe people are remembering the great sacrifices made at the D-Day landings.

Today is the anniversary of Bobby Kennedy's death.

Today is wedding anniversary. Divorce papers are in my drawer, I just need to get a cheque off the court and we're almost there.

Today is the day I meet my new boss for the first time.

Today is my brother's birthday.

Today some people are remembering the loss of a loved one.

Today will be a joyous celebration of new birth, and of passing.

Today will be a million different things for a million different people. Today will be a good day, a bad day, a sad day, a happy day.

Today I want to thank everyone who believes in human rights, and that freedom is worth fighting for. I want to believe that extremists - whether fascist UK political parties, religious fanatics or dictators - will not win.

Happy birthday Phil.


No comments: